Sunday, August 7, 2022
Registrations have been open since January 10.
3 races on the program:
Online registrations are recommended
- The Classic: 34km (1905 circuit) / 2100m elevation +/- / from Esp to M10 / Limited to 800 participants. With 8kg load option: same circuit.
- The Course des Mattes rouge: 19km (shorter route compared to 2019) / 1250m vertical drop +/- / from Esp to M10 (31 km equivalent because of the drop) / Limited to 200 participants.
- The Goa race: 11.5km / from Jun to M10 (17.5 km equivalent because of the difference in height) / Limited to 100 participants.
For paper lovers, the bulletin can be downloaded from the Canigó Championship website
Return of traditional services:
- Bib delivery on Saturday am (recommended) and / or Sunday morning (subject to sanitary measures) / Solid and liquid products (water bottle compulsory) on refreshments / Showers / Post-race meals ...
- Common departures at 7:00 am (6:30 am for 8kg load) / Return to Place de la République.
- Broadcasting Live rankings (accessible on various media) with split times at Marialles and Pic (on the 34km / under study on Mattes Rouges).
- Prize giving (3 distances) at 12 noon / Place de la République (Arrival).
Will be called to the podium:
Ø 34km: the first 10 overall (prizes up to the 5th) + Trophies + prizes
Ø 8kg Load Option: the first 3 (Trophies + prizes)
Ø 19km: the first 3 (cups + prizes).
Ø 11.5km: the first 3 (cups + prizes).
The podiums by category will be announced on our site.
Follow-up of the race on Facebook + video of the finish visible live.
Social networks: in addition to the site and the Facebook page, you can find our news on the Instagram page.
It is understood that all, or part, of these provisions would be modified if any sanitary measures were imposed (in case Coco still resists).
Indisputably a nature event par excellence, the Canigou Championship forms part of the history of Conflent, owing its origins to the courageous inhabitants of Vernet, who departed in search of blocks of ice at high altitudes, which they brought down the mountain on their backs, running, in order to refresh those in search of cures at the luxury spa hotels. Today, competitors no longer search for ice but rather the betterment of self, and each first Sunday in August this famous course unites both runners, with or without a load, and hikers (on the Saturday).
Imagine departing from Vernet-les-Bains and crossing our fabulous landscapes up to the Canigou summit, then recuperating on the descent. 32 km and 2,180 metres of altitude, it’s an unforgettable experience!
Little change, except the Start which will be slightly offset behind the arch, on Place de la République, where the Finish is, as well as the time limit for the Red Mattes race which will drop from 3:45 am at 4:00 am (this route turns out to be harder than what we had envisaged); on supplies, we will anticipate, as of this year, the end of plastic cups planned for 2020.
Canigo hike possible on Saturday before the race. Regulation of access to the peak this weekend.